Project Human X FAQ
You have Questions!? We have Answers! After reading this FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions!
What is Project Human X?
Project Human X is a community art center and gallery.
- We have plenty of events ready to uplift the community. From yoga to paint classes to our kids camp, we do everything in our power to give each individual that walks through our doors a great time.
- We also host workshops to benefit the community. We hosted an Art Racial Reconciliation Workshop with A Gift of Love Charity, breastfeeding awareness workshops, how to build a business 101, healthy eating habits, etc.
- We also showcase artwork in our ground-level art gallery space. Each month has a specific theme that is showcased in the front room. The backroom is our community art show that displays all artwork even if it does not fit the monthly theme.
- Late night events occur every Saturday night 11:00pm-2:00am in our blacklight art studio.
- For paint night classes, our professional artists will teach each class step by step through the specific painting of the day. Guests that have no painting experience surprise themselves with how much fun it is!
We are in the gallery/studio to assist with questions about classes, workshops and planning private events during Open Hours. Please call us at (314)-252-0631 for any and all questions
- Monday: Closed
- Wednesday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Friday-Saturday: 1:00pm-5:00pm & 6:00-9:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- *Late night events occur on Saturday nights from 10:00pm-2:00am
How does Project Human X work?
Summary: View the calendar of classes to find a painting you like, register online, and arrive for an event no less than 10 minutes prior to class time and prepare for a relaxing and fun and creative session!
- We have a calendar of classes with both Public Events and Private Events.
- Public Events and are open to the public. The art shown on the calendar is the painting that will be taught on the day/time listed for the art shown.
- You can come to a public event alone, or with as many friends as you can round up - everyone can register separately but still be seated together!
- If you have a large group and would like to be seated together please send us a text at (314)-252-0631 to make sure you are together. We do our best to seat your group all together as long as the request is made prior to the event time!
- Private Events are noted as private, and are closed to the public. You must be invited by the host/organizer to attend a Private Event.
- Please call/text (314)-252-0631 or email email@example.com to form to book a private event. Details about the requirements and process are also listed on our Private Event Page!
- Public classes can be 2 hours or 3 hours long - class times are noted on the calendar.
- Age Recommendations are stated in every class description - please note the age listed prior to registering a younger guest.
- We are BYO for refreshments! You are welcome to bring light snacks and beverages to enjoy during class. We provide residents and snacks to our guests too. Please NO alcohol allowed in our studio and gallery.
- Pre-Registration Required:
- Every guest must have a paid seat in advance of arrival to our studio to stay on premises during all classes. We do not hold seats without payment at the time the reservation is made.
- No observers allowed in any classes except Family Day & Kids. Painting classes.
- One person per canvas, each guest needs their own paid seat.
- Classes "close" one hour before the event begins - please reserve seats before the class closes. No registration after that.
Can I join class without a reservation?
- Our classes often sell out, securing your paid seat in advance is recommended. You can join a class if there is space.
I have a big group do I need to reserve the private studio?
- You can reserve the private studio, but do not need to. Big groups are welcome in our Public Classes. We seat all groups together and you will have a blast!
Are we allowed to bring in beverages and food? Yes!
- Our studio is BYO Refreshments and snacks. We provide them as well but you are welcome to bring food and drinks for yourself too.
- Alcohol Policy: No alcohol allowed on the premises.
- Feel free to bring in your favorite non-alcoholic beverage and some food to enjoy during class!
Do I need to bring anything with me to paint?
- Your reservation fee includes everything you need to create a beautiful and unique painting!
- When you arrive you are supplied with a canvas, brushes, paints, snacks and step by step art instruction throughout the class! When class is done, your artwork is ready to take home and hang!
Can my friends come and watch us without painting?
- Everyone needs a paid reservation to stay on premises during any/all classes, except during a 'Family Day' & PHX Kids classes. No exceptions.
Can my child come with me to paint? See class descriptions to be sure of recommended ages.
- We love our young artists and have specific classes on our calendar with the younger artists in mind!
- Most our events are kid-friendly. Please check the specific event to see if it allows children.
Calendar of Classes:
- Our calendar is published every month in its last week for the next month. Please see each Class Description for details.
Cancellation/Bad Weather Policy:
The following is our cancellation policy for both Public and Private event guests. To cancel a reservation, please call/text 314-252-0631. Please leave a message with class name and reservation name if you reach our voice mail - calls are date stamped and we will handle your request when we are in for office hours!
- 48 hours or more notice to cancel attendance in class: Full Refund.
- 48 hours - 4 hours notice to cancel attendance in class: No Refund. A Complimentary Credit will be issued valid 3 months from issue date.
- 4 hours notice or less to cancel attendance in class: No Refund/No Credit.
- Reservations made within 48 hours of class time are subject to the cancellation policy as stated.
- Events with low reservations may cancel.
- For our PHX Paint Kits, there are no refunds. Studio credit issued and valid 90 days if you need to cancel your order.
- Private Event Hosts follow the Cancellation Policy terms outlined in the Private Event Agreement signed by host.
- Guests of a Private Event are not elibible for refund or studio credit if event is under required minimum. If event meets minimum standard cancellation policy applies.
- Paint Your Pet reservations with 3 days or less notice to cancel attendance in Paint Your Pet class: A Complimentary Credit will be issued valid 3 months from issue date.
Bad Weather Policy:
- Class will cancel if a weather emergency is declared or we determine the roads to be too unsafe to travel on. We do live in an area that can get a lot of snowy weather, so if roads are clear, we try to paint - but we realize sometimes it is too dangerous to travel and cancel class when needed.
- In the rare case of a class cancelling due to poor weather conditions, a Complimentary Credit will be issued to all registered guests valid 3 months from issue date.
- If a guest decides not to attend class due to weather conditions, and class is still being held, a Complimentary Credit will be issued valid 3 months from issue date.
- In a case of questionable weather, all guests registered for the class being cancelled will be emailed about the cancellation at least 1 hour prior to the event.
- If an event is being outside and the weather begins to rain, snow or be too windy, we will transfer the rest of the event indoors.
- We begin and end class promptly on time.
- If you arrive late, you may not be able to catch up with class and are free to paint your own masterpiece and finish by end of class - no credit or refunds issued to any late arrivals.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before class start time.
Finding us! GPS is leading people in the wrong direction!
We are in Carbondale, Illinois. There is a small parking lot in front of our gallery/studio. The studio nearest Mill Street and Blend Tea Cafe is our Original Blacklight Painting Studio. The Art Gallery nearest University Avenue is an art gallery we hold regular classes in.
A free parking lot in front of Evolve is available. It is a short 1-2 minute walk from that lot. You can also park on the strip and walk to our. art gallery/studio.
- Please send donations via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also accept card, cash and cash-app donations
- Cash app: $projecthumanx